Chat on the Toolbar

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Leandra
Motto : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 259

Chat on the Toolbar Empty

Hey everyone, you may have noticed that the chat tab is gone from the bottom of the page. Don't flip, it has now been moved to the toolbar for easy access. Hope you all like this little change. The button still functions the same so when you click it opens the chat(at the top now) and click again to close it. Give your feedback :)

http://www.designerssociety.net

Similar topics

-
» - ̗̀ CHAT PLEASE!
» Chat box issues
» Chat Updates
» New Chat Tabs
» alternative DS CHAT
Share this post on: reddit

Chat on the Toolbar Comments

Renko
Re: Chat on the Toolbar
Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:08 pm by Renko
A very interesting new feature I must say. (Well, more of an edit to a feature.) Can't say that I hate it or love it, more of, I don't really have much opinion of it. The button looks nice, too, but is there a way for us to tell that someone said something in the chat? (Like, will it flash or change colors or something?)

I think it would be good if it could do that so we don't spend our time constantly checking back for replies if we want the chat to remained closed while doing something (If I make myself clear).
Desert
Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:23 pm by Desert
^^ Yeah, i was wondering about the reply thing too. Especially when you're PMing someone on chat, you can't really tell if they replied to you or not.
Also I kinda of liked the Reading/Archive button, and i'd love to have them back. 
In addition to that, I'm not a big fan of the grey background when you click on someones name.
But the chat button looks nice :3
Renko
Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:26 pm by Renko
DesertGhost wrote:

In addition to that, I'm not a big fan of the grey background when you click on someones name.
Actually I just noticed this and I'm not very fond of it either.
Leandra
Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:47 pm by Leandra
I didn't notice the grey background issue so Ill fix that. As for the other buttons Ill put them back as well, easy enough. As for the notification style, Ill work on that one since it may take a little more to work on(assuming I can recreate it).
Renko
Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:26 pm by Renko
Leandra wrote:
I didn't notice the grey background issue so Ill fix that. As for the other buttons Ill put them back as well, easy enough. As for the notification style, Ill work on that one since it may take a little more to work on(assuming I can recreate it).
Alrighty then. The grey background is fixed now ^^ I hope you'll be able to get notification style back up :3
Lorica
Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:56 am by Lorica
I like how it's smaller.
Jazzy
Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:12 pm by Jazzy
When I open up chat, the society and agency buttons block part of it. They go in front of it.
Chloe
Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:30 pm by Chloe
You can move the chat. Hover over the top left hand corner.
Chloe
Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:09 pm by Chloe
I HAVE BEEN DISCUSSING THE SUBJECT AT HAND WITH MY FELLOW DS USERS AND THEY ALL AGREE THAT THE OLD CHAT WAS MORE PREFERABLE

desert made me write this sorry
Leandra
Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:23 am by Leandra
The issue with the navigation covering the chat has been fixed, it was a temporary problem. Glam which old chat do you mean that members prefer, the chat on the bottom right or the chatango?
Chloe
Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:37 pm by Chloe
I think she means the one across the bottom.

(However I'm still crying over the loss of chatango personally)
Leandra
Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:05 am by Leandra
Well the switch from chatango was necessary for securities and monitoring. It made everything easier and safer overall since it shows the members username. So now it can't be an anonymous chat with guests causing trouble. It also ensures that if a member is acting up, it is based off the members and can't be someone else pretending to be them. Anyways changing over has made everything easier to monitor and integrate into the site, especially as the members continue to grow.
Pink
Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:09 pm by Pink
Is it just me or is the chat not showing up? It's not there at the top for me but was there in the morning. :/
Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:14 pm by Guest
I don't see it either..
Soap
Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:15 pm by Soap
Yeah, it's gone for me too. D;
Pink
Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:17 pm by Pink
Sophia wrote:
Yeah, it's gone for me too. D;
D;
Soap
Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:50 pm by Soap
yay
it's back~
Pink
Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:58 pm by Pink
Sophia wrote:
yay
it's back~
Me too :D
Leandra
Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:03 pm by Leandra
Don't worry I was doing some maintenance and it had a little error I needed to fix. It is back now along with a news announcement area.
Jazzy
Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:11 pm by Jazzy
The chat button doesn't work D:
Also, where did the link for the popup chat go? (I have the link it's just the thing on here is gone)
Leandra
Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:04 pm by Leandra
I removed it since really it isnt necessary and takes up space, if members want the link they can have it but i just dont suggest it since it isnt all up to date as the current chat. Also I fixed the issue with the button now, a few technical difficulties.
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about everyone joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Advertise Us | Help Center | Contact the Owner | Forumotion