Home Page Changes: Vote Now

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Leandra
Motto : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 259

Home Page Changes: Vote Now Empty

So I think we need a little freshening up and since I also want to fix the bank, I want to change a few things on our Home page. First of all I want to figure outa  spot to put member advertisements, so please leave suggestions for good places. Second I think that it's likely most members don't use the bottom masonry blocks anymore, maybe some of you do though. Let me know what you think, if we should get rid of those all together and try something new or just make some changes!

Different Things to Possibly Add:
News Section: Covering info from my blog and the latest site changes/updates
Stats Section: Site statistics such as Top Posters this month, Top posters this week, Number of Posts/Topics/Users
Society Reader Section: A small version of the SR on the Home
Contest Section: Info on the Latest Contest
Challenge Section: Info on the Newest Challenges

If you have other ideas for stuff to add, leave a comment!

Update everyone: As you see I've made some changes to the home now, I'm also contemplating adding some other sections. I'm looking to possibly add a link for members to advertise ds or share it with their friends. I recently re-did the coding for our Advertise Us page and added it to the site footer. I think it needs to be more noticeable around the site though so members get friends to come. I also created an option where members can have a special invite sent to their friends emails also, with the incentive of 500 points when members get friends to join!
For those who are interested here is the Advertise Us page now: http://www.designerssociety.net/h46-advertise-us
Suggestions on ways to make it noticeable on the site, lemme know (possibly on home page or side menu)

Last edited by Leandra on Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:03 am; edited 2 times in total

http://www.designerssociety.net

Home Page Changes
Leave the Masonry
Home Page Changes: Vote Now Vote_lcap8%Home Page Changes: Vote Now Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Get rid of the Masonry
Home Page Changes: Vote Now Vote_lcap15%Home Page Changes: Vote Now Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Add a News Section
 8% [ 1 ]
Add a Stats Section
 15% [ 2 ]
Add a Society Reader Section
Home Page Changes: Vote Now Vote_lcap31%Home Page Changes: Vote Now Vote_rcap
 31% [ 4 ]
Add a Contest Section
 8% [ 1 ]
Add a Challenge Section
 15% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

Similar topics

-
» New Home Page!
» vote for sept SR theme
» Site Changes: Share Your Ideas & Vote Now
» New Home Central
» Shop & Boutiques now Gallery Page
Share this post on: reddit

Home Page Changes: Vote Now Comments

ArtisticBiscuit
Re: Home Page Changes: Vote Now
Post Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:44 am by ArtisticBiscuit
I think some advice on how to start using the site would be great. A little graphic on home page or hints for newbies to navigate the site would help.
It could be confusing for new members when they start out.
BBates
Post Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:05 am by BBates
I can't wait to see what happens to the home!! As always I love ds in all circumstances but this fresh up could be so nice for all members
Leandra
Post Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:19 am by Leandra
Note that I've updated the bank now so those who are looking to shop can do so! Next will be the home page once I hear more from some of our members :)
BBates
Post Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:22 am by BBates
@Leandra I really like the font changes on the navigation and the new emojis!! I was wondering if the other diamond that was there can be brought back? I just really liked it
Also the bank is nice but will there be ads for sr put in the bank sometime soon? Would be nice to include adverts for sr
As always thanks for all you do and I love ds!!
Leandra
Post Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:27 am by Leandra
@BBates Glad you like it, Im currently making some small updates to things so everyone will probably notice changes in the nav and other things. I can see about adding the old diamond back too! Also yes there will be more in the bank eventually including sr ads happy 3
Note to everyone about the new emojis, now we have a hashtag system so if you comment # liked or # happy it will show the emojis! Diamond Liked happy
BBates
Post Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:31 am by BBates
@Leandra Thanks so much!! This is terrific
Leandra
Post Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:59 am by Leandra
Update everyone: As you see I've made some changes to the home now, I'm also contemplating adding some other sections. I'm looking to possibly add a link for members to advertise ds or share it with their friends. I recently re-did the coding for our Advertise Us page and added it to the site footer. I think it needs to be more noticeable around the site though so members get friends to come. I also created an option where members can have a special invite sent to their friends emails also, with the incentive of 500 points when members get friends to join!
For those who are interested here is the Advertise Us page now: http://www.designerssociety.net/h46-advertise-us
Suggestions on ways to make it noticeable on the site, lemme know (possibly on home page or side menu)
BBates
Post Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:41 pm by BBates
The home is so amazing clean and professional! You did so wonderfully Leandra and the advert page is a perfect way to bring in new members!! I will definitely be using everything whole heartedly!! Again thanks Leandra for all you do here on ds
Lux
Post Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:36 am by Lux
so i just logged in and love this new vibe just wanted to let you all know that
angelinamc
Post Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:52 am by angelinamc
Diamond Liked Love the new Homepage Thank you it looks amazing....happy 2 And I Love the new emojis as well. Again thank you @Leandra love diamond
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about everyone joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Advertise Us | Help Center | Contact the Owner | Forumotion