New Home Central

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Leandra
Motto : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 259

New Home Central Empty

I finally finished this project and have added our new home central! Hopefully you'll all enjoy the new look and it will make things more clean and easier to use. I'll start by explaining how it works and go through the new additions!

Center Page:
-Society Reader: The magazine rack can be clicked to view our current society reader, archives coming soon.
-Advertisements: You can get your ads on the home page, which can be bought from the bank.
-News Slide: Our news slide is the same and will show the latest info with clickable images that take you right to the content.
-The News: The clickable news stand will have the latest from my news blog for you all to read.

Left Page:
-Info Chalkboard: The info on the chalkboard shows your avatar, rank, points, and new messages. You can also see the jackpot info right below on the chalkboard.
-Your Boutique: You can see your current boutique in large size, when clicked it will take you to edit your profile/boutique.
-Events Sign: The current site event will be shown here, so look for new events to come.

Right Page:
-Gift Box: The present of the week can be received by clicking the gift box, you can also use it to donate a present.
-Featured Boutiques: You can see our three featured boutiques of the month by clicking the navigation arrows, click to go to their profile.
-Shopping Bag: The shopping bag can be clicked and will show the latest gallery fashions, society store, and business.
-Designer of the Month: You can view the designer of months info, fashions, and click to be linked to their gallery and profile.
-Gallery Info: There are links to the members galleries and your gallery, as well as your progress for fashions bought and sold.

Interacting on the Home: Almost everything interactive has a special hover effect. The page is also timed to change the background and lighting with your current time!

Hopefully you'll all enjoy these new changes and please give feedback for future additions to it!

http://www.designerssociety.net
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Similar topics

-
» Studio Central
» Now Available: Shop Central
» Opening of Custom Central
» New Home Page!
» Home Page Changes: Vote Now
Share this post on: reddit

New Home Central Comments

Pink
Re: New Home Central
Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:00 pm by Pink
Wow! It's awesome! My favorite part is the Society Reader rack. :D
Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:10 pm by Guest
Ohh I really like the left page I like the little events sign and info thing :)
NEOdesigns
Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:27 pm by NEOdesigns
I really like what you have done with home page. My only critique is that the tabs bar is blocking the top of the left and right page to be seen.
Jazzy
Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:01 pm by Jazzy
you did an amazing job with this!! I love it! the only thing is the news slide goes through way too quick. We barely have time to see the slide.
Leandra
Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:11 pm by Leandra
Yeah I know I need to fix the slideshow I'm not sure what's up with that, I may just make it manual... As for what you said Angelinamc I'm not sure what you mean, could you take a snapshot so I can make sure it isn't an issue. I know I may need to fix some things that are different across different computers and web browsers. So just everyone try to show me any errors so I can work on it, glad you all like it :)
angelinamc
Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:17 pm by angelinamc
It's so beautiful, umm Leandra i'm not sure what I said lol what am I suppose to take a snapshot @?
Leandra
Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:01 am by Leandra
Lol sorry I meant Shelli agh my confusion xD
angelinamc
Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:03 am by angelinamc
lol ok, I thought I was losing my memory there for a moment:) :)
WishOnAStar
Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:30 am by WishOnAStar
Looks more organised now, i like it
NEOdesigns
Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:11 am by NEOdesigns
Omit the critique, it was my browser. Again, I love what you have done with home page.
Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:56 am by Guest
good job lean it looks good ok i got suggest ok u shuld make a btq homepg where wen btqs update they go on btq homepg n ppl can click 2 see new ones ok it is easier solution so ppl can see btq more often ok hope u like my suggestion ok thx ok good job ok looks good home pg central ok
angelinamc
Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:20 pm by angelinamc
I like that idea Fries, that's kind of how GS would do every time we updated our btqs it would show up in the front page for a bit. 
There is a forum that Mykelbe made called updated btqs. here is the link... 
http://www.designerssociety.net/t1054-updated-boutiques 
For me though, it's easier to see who's online and just go and visit to see if they had made any changes to their btqs and leave a kind message:)  And I do have to say... Not to many change their btqs often I know because I'm always checking. :)
Leandra
Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:03 pm by Leandra
Yeah I like the idea too, maybe down the road I'd love to have stuff like that if I could manage to code all that. The reason I haven't already done that is because it's purely a lot of work and I'm not sure right now if I could accomplish that and make it automatic, I'm trying to work with what forumotion has to offer. I'll see about it though, as well as one for outfits as well! For now just check their profiles, I may even come up with a cooler profile setup down the road which may increase their use too.
milbeyful
Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:34 pm by milbeyful
New Home Central Wow_bravo
estergarcia9484941
Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:50 pm by estergarcia9484941
amazing , i love it! you read my mind! what a succesful page ^.^
Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:54 pm by Guest
thx lean ok it wuld probably give ppl more incentive 2 make n change btqs more often noing more ppl will see/view it ok thx ok angelinamc i was sort of thinking bout gs ok thx ok
angelinamc
Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:55 pm by angelinamc
That would be awesome Leandra, and like Fries says if that were to happen more would be updating their btqs more. And probably design more as well:)
Irenelikescats
Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:23 pm by Irenelikescats
It looks awesome but idk if anybody else had this problem or I'm just slow... (I am very slow...) but it took me forever to find the arrows that bring you to the pages on the left and right but I felt really stupid when I found them and realized I was looking on the wrong stuff. So hehe. Maybe you can make those arrows more obvious? That would help the whole entire slow army :) But other than that I think it look a lot more professional and simpler, yet again, for the slow minded ;)
Leandra
Post Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:03 am by Leandra
Yeah I plan to work on the arrows maybe make new ones for the future too. Also those of you who had issues with the news slide tonight i fixed the navigation, as well as the my info tab not displaying for some on the home :)
Desert
Post Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:31 am by Desert
Idk if this happens to just me but
whenever im not logged on to DS
and i try to go to home or like im going to the website to log in on home
the page doesnt load like it half loads and like automatically refreshes itself?
bop that is all
WishOnAStar
Post Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:44 am by WishOnAStar
That happens to me to...
Leandra
Post Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:12 pm by Leandra
It is set that way so that our home is only for members, guests are redirected to the guest page for joining or signing in.
NEOdesigns
Post Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:23 pm by NEOdesigns
I thought I was the only one. But I have a similar problem to Desert's. My page refreshes repetitively and doesn't load the guest page at all.
Leandra
Post Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:39 pm by Leandra
Well it's supposed to load the guest home page so Ill have to look into that part, I may remove it if that issue continues. It is best to just keep yourself logged in so then you have access to everything. :)
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about everyone joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Advertise Us | Help Center | Contact the Owner | Forumotion