April Updates

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Leandra
Motto : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 259

April Updates Empty

So I've found the issue with the Gallery and why the Buy Design button isn't working. The problem is that its much more complex involving the whole points system. Basically the place I got a code from to use for automating our points has closed their site down, making those codes unavailable. Basically since it was relied upon for our codes to work, they now don't. My only solution is to find a fix to keep them automated on my own or switch back to the previous form of system that was used. This would just mean that it won't update a persons number of points automatically when they buy designs, but it would for other things like posting in the forums and adding friends again. So that will be my main focus here and I'll try my best to spend some hours working on it today! As for everything else, our Makeup contest will be ending soon and I'll also consider starting daily/weekly challenges! Anyone else with issues that need fixed or ideas to get more active, please leave a comment or send me a private message!

Last edited by Leandra on Mon May 15, 2017 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.designerssociety.net

Similar topics

-
» Flash: April
» September Updates
» Society Reader: April 2018
» Updates & Changes
» Updates and Changes
Share this post on: reddit

April Updates Comments

ArtisticBiscuit
Re: April Updates
Post Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:14 pm by ArtisticBiscuit
Could any of the information in here help:
http://ocportal.com/docs9/tut_points.htm

or this:
https://www.tutorialspoint.com/html/
NEOdesigns
Post Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:48 pm by NEOdesigns
I think we can get members to be active by getting the major things fixed like the Gallery, Points, Studio, and Chatroom. 

Gallary: You could go back to the old buying system until you figure out how to automatic them again. Question: Are you still able to see the syntax so you can copy it somewhere else?

Earn Points: Getting points for posting again is a good idea. It gives members another way to earn points then just selling designs. 

Site Walk-through: Can you fix the walk-through tutorial for the site? It's stuck on the Design page. Help new members navigate through the site.

Site confusion: Members create designs and save them to their desktops, then post them on the site. New members might not understand that. To them, the site appears to be a dress-up game site. But it is not like most of them. I find it to be more illustration and forum based. Those sites have pre-made designs. Here you can create your own and/or choose to buy from other members. That's what you need to help them to understand. If you want things to run like most dress-up sites, a good webmaster will be needed. 

Suggestion: You can do the interactive theme again. Make it easy to follow and eye-catching. Something that can spark an interest and make them want to sign in almost everyday. Find a way to add games befitting for site to be more entertaining. 

I'm sorry for the long post. Some of it is based on member complaints that I've read in the past and still seems to be current. I thought some suggestive solutions can help combat complaints. Also, I would give them credit. By the numbers they are viewing the posts, especially yours. It could help if you gave more updates and announcements, etc.
VKitty
Post Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:55 pm by VKitty
I'm just going to say that ds was a great website and really holds a spot next to my heart. I understand things cant be fixed and that I dont have much patience when it comes to fixing things but in the end, ds will still be a website that was able to create a community at one point to succeed in fashion designing online. I hope one day this site can be redone and come alive again like it once was. For now though, im just going to sit back and enjoy the memories. It was truly a blessing being a part of such a great site. Thanks! :D
NEOdesigns
Post Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:45 pm by NEOdesigns
@Vkitty I agree. I hope DS regains it's popularity like it was in 2013/2014. I wonder what happened and what we can do to get members excited about the site like that again. 

Since the holidays ended months ago, can we get new slides for the guest page? Maybe for the spring and any other upcoming events.
ArtisticBiscuit
Post Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:15 pm by ArtisticBiscuit
It will only work out if Leandra or she gets another to fix all the glitches like the gallery. Not many want to stay here with the site not working as it should.... and Leandra saying she's got plans for updates etc and then never puts them in place. 

if the site was maintained it could be successful.
VKitty
Post Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:18 pm by VKitty
There are always hopes of reestablishing this website into better things but then all those anticipating feelings go down the drain. :( I agree with you both but like @ArtisticBiscuit said, there is no use to staying when nothing is functioning as it should or will ever be im really sorry but this website isnt for anybody anymore its just become sad
Leandra
Post Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:29 pm by Leandra
Things are functioning on the site there are just certain features that are unavailable right now. These are bigger things to fix and I just don't have the time to get to them. Unless everyone here has thousands of dollars they want to donate to me hiring someone else it'll just have to wait another month till I graduate and have time. If you can all just be a little patient though and work with what you have, then I will get to these things. Talking about how I don't get things done doesn't help anyone ArtisticBiscuit so try to actually help by promoting features that are working on the website. Hold a contest or trade fashions or make some interesting posts that don't relate to how the site is dead or posts telling people to go to other places, that just brings down morale for everyone.
mykelbe
Post Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:13 pm by mykelbe
I'm pleased to see that the site is not closing down.  I will continue to support and work with the options we have.  Much better to have something than nothing especially when Leandra's work here is provided for us for free!
ArtisticBiscuit
Post Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:53 pm by ArtisticBiscuit
@Leandra I did hold contest... I did whole magazine for newbies to get help. https://jil.st/ZZc4DG.. I've done loads. I've opened another chat for us to use, maintained the DS facebook page... I've done so much. 

Good to know this site is still staying around and will be more happy.
RareEarth
Post Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:05 pm by RareEarth
wtf girl she done her share round here ppl hold contests and nobody joins so nobody should be pointing fingers at anyone here when its all we do is design but nothing gets recognized +ive been advertising this site for a long time and nothing comes about its like donald trump round here someone went commando didnt appreciate nothing and left it to rot its disgusting + im not here to start stuff or squat im here to just let you know the truth this website is literally goals so keep it up well do our part as members and set forth my ppl amen jesus
ArtisticBiscuit
Post Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:18 pm by ArtisticBiscuit
I've basically been saying what others are thinking. If you can't keep to your promises of what you say in your update posts... you should think again. 
You constantly say you're going to do things to the site, then it isn't happening. 
We just need reassurance that this site won't remain broken.

So, please don't point fingers at me and think I'm being mean when I've been helping a lot more than many members around here.
VKitty
Post Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:02 pm by VKitty
I know that it does take a stock of patience and i know after waiting a long period of time, it gets exhausing waiting for things to happen after said or possibly promised but this place wont improve unless people start to be grateful and not blame for anything or reason because i know that we all love this place so much and spill our hearts into designing here so please just understand that people get frustrated when theres nothing happening or going on and they put alots of effort into this but getting nowhere and feeling worried everything done is getting unoticed causes grief and so thats  why.

April Updates 99724_10
Leandra
Post Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:57 pm by Leandra
I don't want to point fingers at all but I have a lot of pressure put on me and have always had fingers pointing at me. So I just want to be sure that everyone understands it doesn't help me any to be criticized either. I know what I have and haven't been able to do and sometimes other things come up. I have to prioritize and while I may sometimes have had more intentions to get other things done, there are just more important things that come up. When I'm spending thousands of dollars a month on college, that tends to be my top priority, thus I have to do a lot at my work to pay for that college. Even more reason I've had other things that take higher priority. DS will be here either way and when I finish college I won't have nearly as much pressure with grades. I do appreciate what you all do with contests and such, I've actually recognized that with people like Art whom I actually promoted your contest through the emails I sent out to all the site members(not sure if you knew that I did so but figured I'd tell you). Same with everyone else who contributes and stays active, that's all I can really ask for right now. I have a lot expected of me and I've accepted that responsibility for many years, but it will do us all better to work together and empathize with everyone. At the end of the day Designers Society will be here and it will grow more, it just takes time.
ArtisticBiscuit
Post Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:33 am by ArtisticBiscuit
It's more of feedback than criticism at least from my part. Sorry it came across harsh. It's just annoying to be let down. As in be told that updates are on it's way and coming and then see nothing...time and time again. 
Then to turn up and not be able to use the site to it's full potential but, it is fixed for now. 
When you've been helping out for free...with no gratification or thanks, it's demoralizing. I know I shouldn't be putting the mood down but, something is not 100% right around here. Like Shelli said...it would be great to get back to the 2013 days. The times when it was super active. 
I know you're busy with college, I respect that... we're all here to help. Isn't that what the teams are for. 
So, if there's anything we can do to help you run this site. Let us know. You never know what skills people have or the people we know that could benefit the site.
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about everyone joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Advertise Us | Help Center | Contact the Owner | Forumotion