Updates and Changes

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Leandra
Motto : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 259

Updates and Changes Empty

Hello all, I know I've been busy and away lately, I just finished a huge graphic design job and will hopefully be able to get more done now. I've been working on our salon, which will be on my own server which I've worked out, so it won't have the issues of the boutique creator at the moment. I'll also be transferring everything for the boutique creator over eventually so that those errors are fixed and everyone can access everything online and save without issue. My next plan is to try to work on the Society Central as soon as I can, while still doing the Salon. I just ask in the meantime that everyone maintain some patience while i get everything sorted out. I'm also planning a whole revamp of the site very soon with a "Junior" and "Pro" version of the site which will offer the option to use it in an easier way or more intricate. This is the first I've announced this so I figure there may be questions which you can feel free to ask in the comments. Basically the site now will be the Pro version, with a few more additions... and then the junior version will be more simple and have most the basic features. Ideas are also welcome so just leave a reply! -Leandra

Last edited by Leandra on Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.designerssociety.net

Similar topics

-
» Updates & Changes
» March Updates
» Chat Updates
» April Updates
» Some quick updates!
Share this post on: reddit

Updates and Changes Comments

Re: Updates and Changes
Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:27 am by Guest
nice and take your time on things dont rush
mykelbe
Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:07 am by mykelbe
Sounds exciting and awesome!! 🦁
Jazzy
Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:50 pm by Jazzy
Those all sounds amazing! I love the different versions idea!
NEOdesigns
Post Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:06 pm by NEOdesigns
Thank you for all the hard work that you are putting into the site. I look forward to seeing all features and the revamp you have planned.
Post Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:48 pm by Guest
cant wait for the new site changes and stuff also for the salon i was going to leave the site but figured im one of the few active so im staying lol anyways the site changes so far look incredible
Leandra
Post Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:50 pm by Leandra
Here's a video which previews some of the changes to come: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rhys6kG3u8
mykelbe
Post Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:08 pm by mykelbe
This is going to be fantastic Leandra!! 🦁 🦁
Post Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:47 am by Guest
OK
OK
PLS SAY OK
Renko
Post Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:00 pm by Renko
Prepare yourselves for the ultimate newb question but Are the diamonds on the sides of names related to something here? I haven't noticed/seen them before... *potentially oblivious or just covered in hiatus*
Leandra
Post Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:25 pm by Leandra
They used to be little letter envelopes that showed if the message is new or not. It's basically the same now, the dark grey diamond means unread pst/message and the light faded grey means its read. I'm debating if I wanna keep it diamonds or make it something else, but for now that's how it is. I'm also implementing a diamonds system which will be kinda like a like/heart system on other sites such as polyvore, facebook, etc. Basically members will be able to give diamonds to an original post, so like when they share fashions and stuff, someone might get a bunch of diamonds for it if members like it. Then the diamonds will be usable just like points but with extra perks :) I haven't really told members all about that yet, but hopefully everyone will like that new change!
Renko
Post Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:52 pm by Renko
@Leandra: Okay, so that makes that much more sense. Thanks. *Totally forgot about the envelopes, lmho* I personally think the envelopes kinda made more sense / was more obvious, but the diamonds are fancier, so it depends on what you're going for, I think...

As for a diamonds system; and, NOT trying to sound COMPLETELY optimistic here, (<- sarcasm) wouldn't that be a lot like the feathers thing we had going that died out fairly quickly? Or...? Is this something else we're talking about, or are we hoping this will launch unlike Feathers did? Just being honest about it... And, if we actually did this, I would consider the diamonds being special or something (in regards to the icon or however you'd select it) so that no one gets confused with the icon or something like that... Because I could see that as a future "screw-up" for some, UNLESS you already had plans on how to take care of that or something... (omg... WAAAY too many "or something"s.... IMSOSORRY)
1dlover83_54_09
Post Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:01 pm by 1dlover83_54_09
I'm so excited about this
Leandra
Post Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:56 pm by Leandra
I'm surprised anyone remembers feathers, I removed them fairly quickly because of the pointless use really. It's similar but that was on every post, this will just be on the main blog post (everyone will be posting as blog style posts). Also they'll have a whole purpose to be used for experience and getting cool stuff. As for the lil notifs yeah I agree they're temporary and the others made more sense, but I plan to update the images anyways and put in something neat that still makes sense to show notifs. Also you'll notice I changed the blog setup, that's just a first step in this since I needed to work on some of these things publicly you'll notice some changes.
Update: Also now the main blog page with the masonry setup refreshes on its own every 5 minutes, keeping everything up to date! Note that it's only on the grid page and not the pages for new posting or full posts view.
Renko
Post Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:27 am by Renko
@Leandra: I remember personally because it was... I don't know... just one of those things that stick, I guess. Plus, I only remember like 2-4 people "getting into" (In the way that we posted rather than just view over it,) that thread ever, (unless some others came in later,) and I was one of the few. I can see why you removed them, though.

Ahh, thanks for further explanation. I gotcha!
Post Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:05 am by Guest
Excited for the new stuff now more than ever
its-jolie
Post Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:46 pm by its-jolie
❤ I'm so excited!! It sounds great, take your time and thank you! ❤
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about everyone joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Advertise Us | Help Center | Contact the Owner | Forumotion