Design your Dream, Inspire a Society

HomeLatest imagesHomeRegisterLog in

Idea for the website

AuthorMessage
Karrueche

Karrueche
Diamonds Diamonds : 9

Idea for the website Empty

there needs to be more to do on this game and I think that could happen if members were more in charge of the game (not coding wise) but like handling things such as coming up with weekly challenges, contests, etc. that way, Leandra wouldn't have the responsibility of coming up with contests, challenges, etc. it's kind of disheartening to see that the weekly challenges/contests etc. haven't been updated in quite some time but im not holding it against Leandra because I understand that she has a life to live (as we all do), I'm just saying that we as members would love to be able to help out more.

Similar topics

-
» One Day Challenge: Designathon
» Idea to sell art designs online (HELP)
» Idea to inspire more activity.(IRL uses for designs)
Share this post on: reddit

Idea for the website Comments

Karrueche
Re: Idea for the website
Post Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:05 pm by Karrueche
also creating the monthly DS reader magazine would be something I & others would love to be able to do. Leandra, you're busy and you have these amazing members so to take some of the weight off of yourself why don't you let us help out? Somebody could create the DS reader & Leandra could maybe look over/edit it and voila... easy solution
Karrueche
Post Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:09 pm by Karrueche
Also, if you haven't gotten anybody to handle the social media pages we could help you do that.
BBates
Post Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:12 pm by BBates
That's sort of what was done before is members pitched in ideas and created pages for the year of 2018 in the society reader while Leandra looked over it. You could ask @ArtisticBiscuit to assist with her version of the magazine for now
Other than that members are always welcome to post contests on the contests page or put up challenges themselves using the talk page. But if designing is currently not your forte play one of the many member games like Outfits Layout Game or Who Wore It Better? to name a couple. Even make up your own forum games for members to play using the talk page under the society section on the nav bar to the left
BBates
Post Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:16 pm by BBates
And we have selected members here to update social medias but unfortunately nothing new has happened on ds so no new social media posts have been made
Karrueche
Post Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:22 pm by Karrueche
@BBates oh really? I'd LOVE to help out with the reader issue. & as far as the member made contests go, I've already known about that but there have been no updates with the official contests (held by DS)

and do u know why nothing new has been happening? What happened?
BBates
Post Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:33 pm by BBates
Most likely nothing new has been happening here is because Leandra's been busy that's all I can really say otherwise if there is any other reason I have no clue thinking
Bad.Apple
Post Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:44 pm by Bad.Apple
Would be great more activities involving design ~
ArtisticBiscuit
Post Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:59 pm by ArtisticBiscuit
Nobody is stopping anyone making contests. Or posting games in forums. I have have made contests myself in past. Just use the contest section. 

I post content all the time. Like the blog trend posts. 
----------------
Leandra stopped doing pretty much everything (well adding new things) since going on vacation around christmas. No SR or anything.
I make my own SR and post it in the forum. (check out my Feb issue)
Pm me your email and I can give you pages to fill out in next issue if you want. 
----
As for helping out. You can post anything that isn't rude or hurtful in talk section. Be creative with it. Even share artwork not done on DS or help each other get better at designing. Keep active.
___
There are members assigned to social media. instagram, facebook and twitter. But it's hard to advertise when no new content is made.
Keep designing everyone. Make outfits and boutiques. That way the social media people can use them to inspire new members. 
___
Or post your own adverts on social media or anywhere you can think will help promote the site.
ArtisticBiscuit
Post Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:35 pm by ArtisticBiscuit
FYI members have been running the social media for some time now. Without Leas help. (She checks it from time to time) That's what teams were designed for. To help Leandra out. 
But, Leandra has not asked the teams for help lately soooo. Use your own imagination to keep yourself active around here.
Karrueche
Post Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:01 pm by Karrueche
@ArtisiticBiscuit I'd love to help out girl. I'll PM you my email later. Also, I will promote the website but I don't know if that will get us any active members because this website is pretty much dead (no updates, nothing new to do) But I will try to do what I can. Also what happened to Leandra? Is she just busy or is something going on? Has she considered trying to get somebody trusted to help her w/ coding etc?

Karrueche
Post Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:02 pm by Karrueche
@ArtisticBiscuit
ArtisticBiscuit
Post Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:13 pm by ArtisticBiscuit
She doesn't trust anyone for that roll. But she could get people to do contests for her and get the team members to do more artwork for the site etc. 
well worth a try with advertising.
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about everyone joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Advertise Us | Help Center | Contact the Owner | Forumotion