DS Remodel

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Leandra
Motto : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 259

DS Remodel Empty

Hello all, I promise I haven't forgotten about you... I've been moving and starting a new job and my life has been so hectic. I know that's not an excuse but I refuse to lose site of DS entirely. Instead I'm looking for ways to reinvent the site that also lowers the maintenance I need to do. I want the site to grow, but when it does I need to make sure it's automated enough that I can keep up. The closest solution I can see is transitioning more to a sharing and communicating site for all things design. This can include general art, fashion and other possible categories. I would simplify the site down, getting rid of the features that need maintaining, such as points, the catalogue, etc. We would focus more on the forums and I would give things a complete change. I'd also want to optimize things for mobile so that members could talk and have discussions on their phones. Where do you all come in? I'm looking for opinions and ideas to add to all the plans. What would you like to talk about and what interests you? Also what would help keep you coming back if focused on this new setup? Keep it constructive and kind, I'll then make plans from there!

http://www.designerssociety.net

Share this post on: reddit

DS Remodel Comments

Bad.Apple
Re: DS Remodel
Post Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:41 pm by Bad.Apple
Hii ^^ ~I guess~ if ds still with the design studio and bring tutorials and contests without the focus only in digital (maybe encourage traditional draw since less people is able to use digital tools), it can be different from others forums and reach a niche. Also i think Art's ideas are very good, and topics for talk about other things would be really cool
angelinamc
Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:14 am by angelinamc
Diamond Liked  Can't wait to see the new setup:) Hope everything is going well with you Leandra.
BBates
Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:08 am by BBates
I think you should start from scratch clear everything from the forums now and give it a traditional format. From there I'd say make catagories for contests and challenges set by mods and then go from there. I'm just saying basic starter things here if you want a little more I have written recently on the ds instagram chat but I can always paste theme here too
mykelbe
Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:42 pm by mykelbe
So would this be a designing or fashion discussion site?  I'm a little confused.
Leandra
Post Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:03 pm by Leandra
Thank you for all the helpful comments and hopefully I can bring DS into a new phase with all your guys help. I'd like it to be both for fashion discussion but maintaining the encouragement to design, in all forms digital and traditional. I'd love to even see about those who are also interested in creating their own clothing and possibly offer chances for learning how to sew and create further possibilities. This will all take time, but it would also mean starting fresh entirely. Just know that as of now I'm working on the plans to do so and would love continued feedback and ideas!
ArtisticBiscuit
Post Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:40 am by ArtisticBiscuit
I think some art tutorials would draw people in to start the site. Like basic painting tips. Made with photos.
If the site started remodel empty, it wouldn't have many people interested.

Some ideas I've had for the site remodel:

1- A learning crafts section. (people post own step by step tutorials or ask for advice starting a project)

2- Traditional art tips. (painting, drawing etc. Chat on that, feedback to help improve peoples art)

3- An online magazine (Like SR but sharing best tips and discussion topics of each month done by members or a team )

4- Maybe a section about real artists and real fashion designers. People can chat about what they like and give people inspiration.

5- Could be an advertising section. If people are selling what they make online. Such as etsy shop. Or a way to make money for the site. Once the site has loads of active users, you could try finding sponsors to advertise. Like a product tutorial on the site. Or section in the magazine.

6- Open up the DS youtube account for getting message out about the site somehow.

I wonder how we'd advertise to get members using this place?

ArtisticBiscuit
Post Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:50 am by ArtisticBiscuit
Here's a cool idea:

If people discover any real life contests in art or photography. Any online contests. We could share those here.
Then help each other with ideas for each one.
Leandra
Post Sat May 11, 2019 6:03 pm by Leandra
I am currently planning out the tactics. Those of you who wish to see certain features remain above all, let me know what is most important to you. I want to downsize but also keep in mind what you all want to see!
ArtisticBiscuit
Post Sun May 12, 2019 8:32 am by ArtisticBiscuit
Keeping the design studio might be wise. Then other creative people could use it for projects. The magazine could be fun to keep. Run by members of the site. Instead of it being fashion design, it be like a summary of topics talked about that month.
Once there is loads of active users people could pay a small fee to get an advert on a page. Such as if they own an etsy shop. Great way for the site to earn money.

Blog section could be used to start conversations. Someone could run it with art tutorials or interesting artist of the month. A way of the DS community to stay active.

Banners on homepage could be used for any contests or events going on. Either DS own ones or what people find on other sites.
angelinamc
Post Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:45 pm by angelinamc
Has anyone been playing this Game? I have been checking in and it's been a ghost town:( :(
mykelbe
Post Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:01 pm by mykelbe
Happy Holidays to everyone!!
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about everyone joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Advertise Us | Help Center | Contact the Owner | Forumotion